This version of Rummy, also known as Indian Rummy or Paplu, is a very popular in India in general and in Maharashtra State in particular. It is a pastime enjoyed by persons of all walks of life, be it the commuters in crowded trains in Mumbai, housewives gathering together for kitty parties, retired persons meeting in clubs, or acquaintances who meet regularly to play.
Where To Play Paplu Online
Most popular online casino in India. Just Enjoy!
The largest selection of payment methods on the market
Maximum choice of payment methods and games
Just got on board, and already became a captain
People’s obsession with this game is so great that commuters will spend over an hour or two daily in each direction playing Rummy on trains and buses; some even begin by travelling in the opposite direction to the train’s starting point to occupy be sure to claim their “regular” seats. Housewives take turns to gather their friends for whole afternoon of Rummy at home, eating and gossiping. Many groups go out on weekends / holidays to a nearby resort just to get long undisturbed hours for playing Rummy.
We suggest not to go anywhere and play your favorite games in the best online casinos or in the Rupee casinos while sitting on the couch.
Shuffle and deal at Classic Rummy
Each player draws a card. The player with the lowest card deals first. The deal then proceeds clockwise. The player on the dealer’s right cuts (this is optional).
The number of cards dealt depends on the number of players. If there are two players, each player gets ten cards. In three or four player games, seven cards are dealt to each player. Five or six players may also play, in which case each player receives six cards.
|Number of players||Number of cards dealt|
|2 players||10 cards|
|3 or 4 players||7 cards|
|5 or 6 players||6 or 7 cards|
How Does Scoring Work in Indian Rummy?
If you have declared a Paplu (a win) all the other players must count their score. All the other players will then owe you those points.
The cards are worth the following points:
- Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 = 10 points
- Numbered cards = their face value. Example: 9 of Clubs is worth 9 points
- Joker cards = 0 points
Indian Rummy Scoring Details
After a player declares Rummy each player must score their hand to see how many points they owe that player. Face cards and aces are worth 10 points, number cards are worth their number value, and jokers have no point value.
However, players generally can exclude many of their cards from counting as points, based on the following rules. All cards part of a straight run (meaning no wilds) get excluded when counting points.
If a player has a straight run, then all his other runs also don’t count towards calculating the points either. When the game is complete each player pays their calculated points to the winner. The winner also collects 10 or 40 points from all packed players, which is determined by when they packed.
If you win and one or several of the other players have cards part of straight run, then these cards will not be counted.Note
The allowable melds in Indian Rummy are as follows:
- Sequence Meld – A sequence meld is three or more cards of the same suit in consecutive sequence. An Ace can be considered either high or low and therefore could be played at the top of a sequence above a King or at the bottom of a sequence below a two. An Ace can never be in the middle of a sequence meld. A sequence meld may contain one or more wild cards.
- Straight Meld – This is the same as a Sequence Meld, however it may contain no wild cards.
- Group Meld – A group meld consists of three or four cards of identical rank. Each card in the group must be of a different suit.
- Tanala – A Tanala is a meld of three cards of the same rank and same suit. This meld is only possible when three decks are used when playing this game.